The Minnesota Independent Scholars' Forum...
- Organizes programs and lectures by learned scholars who espouse freedom of inquiry and uphold high standards of independent thought.
- Supports study groups in philosophy, science, the humanities, and other topics, stretching the accepted and confronting doubt.
- Regularly publishes a journal, Practical Thinking, with articles from independent scholars, organization news, calendar of events, member news, etc.
- For more information about the journal, contact us.
- Supports collaboration among scholars who share like interests, particularly through voluntary membership profiles and their private circulation.
- Maintains a Web page with MISF news.
- Fiscally supports scholars who apply for outside grants, wherein MISF acts as fiscal agent to administer the grant and follow its progress. For more information about fiscal agency, contact us.
- MISF promotes liaison with other organizations, to achieve shared goals: